Excess weight has reached epidemic proportions globally, with more than 1.7 billion adults being either overweight or obese..WHO predicts there will be 2.3 billion overweight adults in the world by 2015
Obesity is a chronic medical condition that requires ongoing treatment and lifestyle modifications.
HCG diet works on a hypothesis that, in a situation of calorie deficit HCG primes the hypothalamus to signal the mobilization of body fat stores and hence use the stored fat as primary fuel for energy. In this way it may help in attaining the weight loss in overweight individuals.
1. We recommend patients to take the HCG protocol under supervision of a medical doctor who has experience in Obesity management and has understanding of this protocol.
2. We recommend you to take guidance of your doctor to plan a diet as mentioned in the literature below. The recipes provided with the additional information booklet will help your health care provider to prepare a culturally/economically feasible diet plan with a good palatability.
3. We recommend that the baseline medical and hormonal evaluation of the patient should be done before starting HCG protocol.
4. The ongoing medication should be explained to the consultant doctor before starting HCG protocol to avoid any adverse interaction.
5. Nutritional assessment of the patient is mandatory before starting HCG protocol to avoid aggravation of nutritional deficiency (Especially the Fat Soluble Vitamins like A, D, E and K).
6. Nutritional supplements (Essential amino acids, Vitamins, Essential fatty acids, minerals etc. Need to be added in the regimen as per the discretion of your doctor/Health care provider.
7. The results of HCG protocol may vary. The expected weight loss obtained with a compliant HCG protocol would be 1-2 Kg/week.
8. Obesity is a complex phenomenon. No single treatment should be claimed as the single best solution/treatment of obesity.
9. HCG protocol is not an alternative to conventional medical or surgical management of Obesity. It can work as a complimentary to the conventional management.
10. Kindly keep in mind that HCG protocol is not a miracle to eliminate the Obesity epidemic. It’s an attempt which in conjunction with the conventional Obesity management and Life Style modification can modify the outcome.
Legal Disclaimer: The FDA has not approved HCG for weight loss. Its use as a weight loss aid is considered an "off label" use of HCG for the treatment of obesity and weight loss.
The FDA Disclaimer is: "HCG has not been demonstrated to be an effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity. There is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or normal distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets."
The FDA has approved it for: Cryptorchidism, Hypogonadism, Infertility, Oligospermia, Ovulation induction, Prepubescent Cryptorchidism, Kaposi‟s sarcoma, Froehlich's syndrome.